Tuesday, January 19, 2010

week1






So it's been about 4 months since I moved to SF for my MFA and I have to say it's been pretty crazy and intense. I just cant believe how time just flies by. Just a week more left before I have to submit my idea for the short film and i still haven't got something that's solid enough so I can work on it for the next year and a half or so. I am really confused if I wanna do something really elaborate and experimental with great backgrounds or should I just stick to something simpler and more pantomime based as i dont want to spend extra time on all the unnecessary things and just focus on my Character animation. There are a few ideas floating around my mind but i need something more concrete. Hopefully things will click as time passes by.
This looks like an interesting quarter though. I have to take this Texturing in Maya class for which this blog is dedicated to. I am planning to model and texture a Ballroom located in a Museum. I am planning to incorporate a lot of greek columns and Renaissance styled dome ceilings. Use a lot of bright contrasting colors like dark blue, greens and reds. The room design should be simple with long paneled walls and a center stage surrounded by Greek columns and a table located in between that. I have collected these few pictures over the past few weeks relating to the style I am looking. Lets see what i come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment